Child Custody new order

If a court says there is a substantial change, an the child custody schedule is changed by court order, can parties ask for a motion for reconsideration? Can they ask for it to be looked at again? If attorney fees are denied then, is there any recourse for attorney fees being denied regarding child custody and child support.

If a final order is entered and you disagree with it or you believe the evidence presented doesn’t match the judge’s ruling, then you can appeal the order.

You must file a notice of appeal to the Court of Appeals within 30 days of the order being entered.

Anna Ayscue

Attorney with Rosen Law Firm Cary • Chapel Hill • Durham • Raleigh • Wake Forest

Rosen Online | Unlimited confidential access to a North Carolina attorney for $199/mo - click here

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.