Child custody


Hi I was divorced about this time last year and did the paperwork myself and in the divorce i agreed to joint custody. About a week later the father of my son left the country and now i am scared he will come back and try to take my son and take him to another country where i cannot find him. I do not have much funds for a lawyer and i called legal aide but they said they are not accepting custody cases. If someone could please help me so that i just know what to do to have sole custody of my son- any information would help.


You should file an action to modify child custody to obtain an order for sole custody based on your ex’s decision to leave the country.