Child out of Wedlock


Hi, Sorry but I know of no way to speed up the divorce (kids or not). You must be seperated for 1 year prior to filing for divorce.


Daer Kat_Judge:

Greetings. kperry1054 is right - there is no way to speed up a divorce. There are plenty of ways that one could hypothetically slow it down though…LOL

I know that you wish you were far removed from your spouse due to his behavior, but the best way to divorce quickly is to hire the attorney in advance and have them prepare to file the divorce on time. Thank you.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Divorce
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

10925 David Taylor Drive, Suite 100
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.


I found out in 12/04 that my Husband has produced a child out of wedlock, and this was his second affair :smirk:

I’m wondering if there is a way to speed up the divorce? Someone told me that because of the child, there was.

Thanks in advance.