Problem Divorce


Dear nukefixr:

Greetings. Onre than ONE YEAR for a divorce? That cannot be possible here in NC. Is this here in NC?

Do you mean deal with alimony, equitable distribution, etc. or just the divorce?

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Divorce
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

10925 David Taylor Drive, Suite 100
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.


My mom has been trying for more than a year to get divorced. Her husband is doing all these little tricks to prolong the divorce. He has asked and received documents and she has also asked for documents and has not received all of them and she told her lawyer and I feel her lawyer has not done enough. He has reduced the amount of money she has been receiving on his own, just sent a letter and started to reduce it. Now she does not get enough to pay the house payment and all the bills. (She does not work and has not since 94) when he asked her to quit her job. Is there anyway she could expedite the divorce or do something that would move things along. He works out of town and claims he can not come because he is needed at work (I know this to be a lie, I am in the same business) he is saving money and she is going broke this is his plan. He has done many things to deprive her of the life style they enjoyed together, he is just being vengeful.