Child supoprt

Dear dsluvsfm,

I am not licensed to practive in Missouri or Texas and the laws regarding paternity and child support vary greatly from state to state. Your friend should consult with a licensed attorney in the state where the child resides.

Helena M. Nevicosi
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

10925 David Taylor Drive, Suite 100
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

1829 East Franklin Street, Bldg 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
919.321.0780 main phone
919.787.6668 main fax


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

recently my friend found out that a child that is 17 years is not his.
he has said as many others the child is not his. child support has been taken out of his check since 9/2006. dna was taken in 12/2006
this case is in missouri, he lives in texas. if the mother closes the child support case will there no longer be child support taken from him for ongoing months? i realize that the back child support must be dismissed in court. can you give us some options on what we must do.
our funds are limited. what about paternity fraud?

diana simon