Child support

Dear obrien:

Greetings. I would hire and retain an attorney in the county he resides in. You may also want to contact child support enforcement agency. Thank you.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

301 McCullough Drive Suite 510
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

1829 East Franklin Street, Bldg 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
919.321.0780 main phone
919.787.6668 main fax


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

I have a 14 y.o. daughter and have moved out of state but her father resides in Chapel Hill, NC. The last court order was from Lee County Court in Sanford, NC.
Do I need to go through a local Sanford attorney to try and get a child support modification since the ex no longer has a minor child at home and I have the remaining minor?
He is self employed as a chiropractor,in trouble with the IRS, no checking account, but runs his money through another person’s checking account. He has not been cooperative about being honest about his income and paying child support.
I want to get a child support order so that it he might actually feel some pressure since he could lose his professional license if in contempt.
tired of irresposible fathers and mothers

terry manlove