Child Support

Dear randi:

Greetings. Yes, go and see an attorney as soon as possible, so that you don’t waive your rights by waiting to enforce them. Thank you.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

301 McCullough Drive Suite 510
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

1829 East Franklin Street, Bldg 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
919.321.0780 main phone
919.787.6668 main fax


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

Well, okay I’m 18 years old and my biological father hasn’t paid but about 3 full years of child support in my life. And I was just wondering if I could still take him to court over it, since there is a court order where he is suppose to pay so much for me and my twin brother. Everytime my mother would get the state to take it out of his check he would just change jobs all the time and it would get really old trying to search for him to find where he was employed at.