Child support arrages

My husband was behind in child support and the amount he was required to pay me was $28 per month and the child support worker told me that was a large amount to pay, usually the amount is $10 per month to pay back child support. You can go to the NC Child Support Agency website and possibly get information on your case there. Good luck!

Dear bmwjdy:

Greetings. File a Motion to Modify Child Support - you can find them on line - and follow through on the same. Thank you.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

301 McCullough Drive Suite 510
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

1829 East Franklin Street, Bldg 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
919.321.0780 main phone
919.787.6668 main fax

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

I am 3 months behind and 150 a behind on settlement with agency,kid is over 21 and state is getting arrages.I know thier probably is a warrant for me.I lost my job and my family which put me in this situation trying to relocate and start over.Tried going back to wife during this time and after4 days was told to leave afther I got us a place to i am back in another state trying to find work.I don,t want to go to jail what do i do?Please help!!!