Child Support Change


My child support is set up in a separation agreement and my ex states that he needs to make a reduction in pay, he is self employed, based on change in income. Can I request that I get a new order for support from his attorney before I agree on it or can he change it on his own? What if he changes support and I don’t agree on it? I would like some kind of verification that he is not hiding income in other places. Just curious how all this would work and I know what rights I have.


He can’t unilaterally change the child support amount. Either you guys can negotiate and agree on a new amount and amend your separation agreement, or he can to file an action for child support. If he files, then there has to be full disclosure of all income, you will have a hearing, and a judge will calculate child support.