Child Support for older kids


Dear rockwell2g:


  1. You must pay the child support until your child graduates from high school.

  2. You should file a breach of contract claim and ask the court to transfer the house into your name as a possible form of relief so that you can sell the same. Best of luck.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Divorce
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.


My wife and I have been seperated for 1 year now and I want to get the divorce going, however there are two things.

  1. My son just turned 18 years old do istill have to pay for him ? he’s not interested in collage so what are my options? he will finish HS in january 2005.
  2. In the seperation agreement my wife was suppose to get the house tited and refinanced in her name she failed to do both what can I do to keep our house from going into forcloser.