Child support order

Are you going through child support enforcement or the clerk’s office? Did you get your child support order from family court or through child support enforcement. If you got it through family court, you can file a motion and order to show cause in North Carolina and ask the court to enforce this order. If you went through child support enforcement you need to contact them again and let them know that he is not paying.

P.S. Please feel free to bring up this or any other topic on our live call-in show every Wednesday at 11:00 a.m. EST. Visit for details

Helena M. Nevicosi
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.787.6361 main fax

Charlotte Office
301 McCullough Drive
Suite 510
Charlotte, NC 28262
Main Phone: (704)307.4600
Main Fax: (704) 9343.0044

Durham & Chapel Hill Office
1829 East Franklin Street
Building 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
(919) 321.0780

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.

I have a child support order in North Carolina for the mother to pay child support. She has not made payments and it has accrued for the past 2 years. She lives in Texas. We have contacted both states to help us enforce our child support order and nothing has been done. We have provided them with her physical address, ss#, birthdate, driver’s license number, professional license information and so on. Please let me know what we need to do from here to get her into court to enforce our order. We have a wage withholding order but she is not working. But even when she was, we provided that and nothing happened either. Please let us know what we need to do and which state to do it in?