Child support question


I’m a father who’s been ordered to pay $800 per month in child support. My wife lives in the house and the ED order says house will be sold in 1 yr. My wife won’t make the mortgage payments and they’re going to be kicked out of the hosue. Can I pay the $800 mortgage payment and that count as my $800 child support since I don’t live in the house but my kid does?


No, you must pay the child support as ordered, but I suggest you set a hearing with the court to address the issue with the mortage.