Child support reduction

If his income has changed again, you can file a motion to modify child support based on his new income.

Helena M. Nevicosi
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.787.6361 main fax

Charlotte Office
301 McCullough Drive
Suite 510
Charlotte, NC 28262
Main Phone: (704)307.4600
Main Fax: (704) 9343.0044

Durham & Chapel Hill Office
1829 East Franklin Street
Building 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
(919) 321.0780

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.

Ex was in the military. Retired July 2nd. Petitioned the court for child support reduction based on unemployment status. Went to court in August and the courts awarded the reduction. I have since found out he is working for the US postal service; starting in the month of September. It is believed he knew he had the postal job prior to going to court. He also asked for a reduction in paying child support but at the same time purchased a new home for $250K. He also was in contempt of court of a child support order already in place when he went to court in August. What can I do if anything.