Is it worth a try?

I understand why you may feel that way, but I doubt that this judge has it in for you. If your income has not been what was projected you do have grounds to file a motion to modify child support.

Helena M. Nevicosi
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.787.6361 main fax

Charlotte Office
301 McCullough Drive
Suite 510
Charlotte, NC 28262
Main Phone: (704)307.4600
Main Fax: (704) 9343.0044

Durham & Chapel Hill Office
1829 East Franklin Street
Building 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
(919) 321.0780

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.

Thank goodness the judge who presided during my divorce proceedings is retiring! It’s been three years on the child support! I’ve had to drastically reduce my expenses and my living standard since the Orders were entered three years ago! I really feel that I got a raw deal in this matter. My income has never been nor will it be what the Court projected. I knew there was no reason for me to try to take anything back before this judge since I have been without 1/3 of the income the Court projected for three years. 1/3 is a substantial amount of income that I have been without and have shown this judge income tax returns for the past two years proving that I haven’t had the income that was predicted. Should I try again when this “wonderful” and “fair” judge leaves? Or will he instruct whoever takes his place to just keep beating up on me forever?