Child support

I don’t think I understand your question. Are you saying that your income has not changed, but your ex wants to take you back to court to reduce child support?

What reason does he have for wanting to reduce child support?

Helena M. Nevicosi
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.787.6361 main fax

Charlotte Office
301 McCullough Drive
Suite 510
Charlotte, NC 28262
Main Phone: (704)307.4600
Main Fax: (704) 9343.0044

Durham & Chapel Hill Office
1829 East Franklin Street
Building 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
(919) 321.0780


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.

In my case, the guidelines do not apply. Ex has requested a reduction in child support. His request would fall below the guideline amount for the maximum income of 300,000. What I am asking is can a judge go below the minimum guideline amount when the income is over the maximum? Just calculating the difference in incomes with what the ex wants to take from me, returns a calculation that is more than I am receiving now. My income is about 30,000 less per year than the Court projected, but the Court already determined that that did not constitute a “change of circumstances”. To my knowledge, the ex’s income has not changed and has possibly maybe increased. All I can do is once again take my income tax returns to prove that I do not have the income the Court projected at this upcoming hearing. I am pretty sure they will take half of my child support away. And give it to this man who makes over a quarter a million more a year than me. I have no recourse against this man. Judge hates me.