Child support revisited

Dear yeldraw1,

I would advise you to contact the child support enforcement office in your county.

Helena M. Nevicosi
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

10925 David Taylor Drive, Suite 100
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

1829 East Franklin Street, Bldg 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
919.321.0780 main phone
919.787.6668 main fax


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

My Ex and I have been divorced since Oct 2005, We have 2 kids. I am the primary custodial parent. I took her to court today for child support. But in court all she brought up was the house and how she didnt get any money from the sale of it. The judge through out the case and told us it has to go back to domestic court. In Nov 05, she signed a quick claims deed and I gave her 1000.00 for doing that. she also agreed she would give me my youngest back in taxes, in return she wouldnt have to pay child support for him. We have this in writing. In my eyes when she sign the deed the lost all rights to the proerty. The reason Im and going back for child support is, I have the kids 90-95% of the time. She doesn’t exercise her right to vistit them. Since 28 Dec 05 to Sept 05 she has seen them all of 15 days. So my question is can I go back after child support, so she can help with the well being of our children?