Drop child support


you have to go back to court. He needs to keep paying you until thats finished. (though nothing stops you from writing him a check and giving the money back)



Dear gateway:

Greetings. Yes, you have to go back and file some documents with the court to stop the child support. You can call the child support enforcement agency and have them assist you with filing the documents. Good luck.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

301 McCullough Drive Suite 510
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

1829 East Franklin Street, Bldg 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
919.321.0780 main phone
919.787.6668 main fax


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.


thanks for doing the right thing, GATEWAY.


I currently receive child support for my three children from my ex through court order but recently 2 of my children decided they want to live with him. I would like to drop this case. Do I have to go back to court to modify this or could I just talk to my ex and agree on dropping it then have everything dropped by signing a written letter?