Child support


Dear dirtdart1991:

Greetings. In North Carolina, child support is calculated based on your gross income (including the BAS and BAH). If your pay decreases through no fault/effort of your own, then you can always apply to the court for a modification of your child support obligation. Best of luck.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Divorce
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.


How is child support calculated? I am in the military and I get base pay, basic allowance for subsequent (BAS), basic allowance for housing (BAH) and jump pay. If I get divorced I would have to move into the barracks and loose the BAS and partial of the BAH. If I was to leave Ft. Bragg I would loose the jump pay. Is child support calculated on just my base pay then or what?