Military dad needs help


Don’t most other people have to pay rent and pay for food out of their gross income? I know I do…I don’t think you can deduct rent and food from your gross income in the child support calculator.


Dear mikey9966:

Greetings. Yes, as far as I know BAH and BAS are not included in the child support worksheet. Who calculated the amounts for you? Also, please ensure that the second amount of child support that you are paying takes into account the first amount in the calculation. Thank you.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

301 McCullough Drive Suite 510
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

1829 East Franklin Street, Bldg 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
919.321.0780 main phone
919.787.6668 main fax


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.


I am paying almost 1000.00 Dollars a month in child support for two children. They have different mothers. I think I am paying way too much. They use my bah and bas for income as well as my base pay. It looks as if I make 3200.00 dollars a month. But the truth is that of that money 789.00 dollars the Navy gives me for rent. 245.00 they give me for food. Is there anything I can do. I really need help on this one.