Child Support

How does one go about filing for child support during the 1-year seperation period? I have been a stay-at-home mom for 9 years and my husband and I have been living together, but he will leave Aug. 1 when our lease is up. I’ve been in school, but will JUST be finishing at that time and won’t yet have a job, etc. He’s completely financially supported me since our first son was born 9.5 years ago and we’ve been married 7 years.

Thank you!

The most cost effective way to obtain child support is to bring a suit through your local child support enforcement office.