Child Support

I would say that you need to go to the county in which the children reside. The state agency is who actually enforces it, no matter what county you go through.

Dear debmomof2:

Greetings. Yes, you should be able to use the Wake County Child Support Enforcement, but that is up to them. Thank you.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

301 McCullough Drive Suite 510
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

1829 East Franklin Street, Bldg 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
919.321.0780 main phone
919.787.6668 main fax

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

My husband and I are separated. I love with the two children in Johnston County and he resides in Wake County. Can I go through Wake County Child Support Enforcement to get child support since they move alot faster than Johnston and he lives there?