Need Child Support Order

This is the state child support enforcement office. You do not need to establish primary custody.

You can file an action in your county for child support or you can contact child support enforcement and ask them to pursue child support on your behalf.

Helena M. Nevicosi
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.787.6361 main fax

Charlotte Office
301 McCullough Drive
Suite 510
Charlotte, NC 28262
Main Phone: (704)307.4600
Main Fax: (704) 9343.0044

Durham & Chapel Hill Office
1829 East Franklin Street
Building 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
(919) 321.0780

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.

I divorced from my husband 3 years ago and at the time did not seek child support because he paid half of daycare expenses and helped with clothes,etc. Now my ex-husband is remarried with a baby on the way and says that he does not have money to help with the cost of before and after school care and summer care, etc. He wants me to drop him off two counties away at his new in laws house everday…yeh right. I think our divorce papers read joint custody, however our son lives with me 5 days a week. What do I need to do to make sure that I get support and do I need to establish Primary custody?