Child support

If I’m not mistaken, only payments made by the parent can be put towards calculations. And that wouldn’t be considered income. She could pay the child care and have her parents reimburse her. That would be the only way she could figure that into the CS calculator.
If my husband’s ex mother-in-law buys the children clothes then his ex does not get to count that towards her share of 1/2 the clothing bill and he does not pay her back for them.
I may be wrong…

Stepmothers advice makes sense - however - oftentimes the grandparents will explain that they were loaning the funds to the parent pending a resolution of the child support issue and it will be included in the calculation.

Good luck.

Lee S. Rosen
Board Certified Family Law Specialist
The Rosen Law Firm
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

if my ex-wife’s parents are paying child care is that to be figured into the calculations? If so, is that money also supposed to be figured into her gross monthly income?