Child Support

Dear Stitch:

Yes, your friend must include the rent as income. Good luck.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney at Law
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

My ex had a friend move in recently and this friend is paying rent. My question is… does my ex have to include this rent in the ‘other income’ section of the NC Child Support worksheet? Or is that irrelevant?