Chronic Late Spousal Support Payments

My ex-husband has been ordered by the court to pay spousal support by the first of each month. Instead, his payments are continually erratic, sometimes three or more weeks late, which is difficult for me financially. During the summers, he skips payment altogether and then pays me in October. He has been doing this for years. I have asked him repeatedly to please setup an automatic payment with his bank, but he refuses to do so (without giving me a reason). There are no financial issues for him whatsoever. My multiple emails to him have not done any good. I have consulted with you before as to taking him to court but since he eventually gets caught up, I was advised against doing so. I believe he is doing this merely to annoy me and make things difficult. Now, I am wondering what it might cost to hire an attorney with your firm and have them draft a stern letter, with the hope that he might respond favorably. I would appreciate any advice. Thank you.

If he has habitually breached the court order, you can consider fling a motion to have him held in contempt. In terms of our representation rates, you would need to schedule a consultation and we can discuss the best way to proceed with your case and what any applicable fees would be.