College Accounts


My spouse and I are separated. We have mutual accounts set up for each of our children for college. My spouse’s name is on the account and mine is on it for survivorship. I know I cannot access the accounts (I don’t want to take anything out) but is there a way I can make sure that the spouse does not drain the accounts?


You could have him change you to custodian of the account.