Consent Order / Changing Custody


The terms in our Separation Agreement state that the mother will have primary custody. I now have my son living with me primarily. We have went to court and we suspended child support payments sent to her. I have him in daycare in my resident city. She sees him 1 or 2 days a week.

I was told I need to file a Motion in the Cause to modify the custody arrangement and a Consent Order giving you primary custody. Are there any DIY methods to do this since my ex-wife and I are agreeable to the changes? I’m doing this for tax, daycare, and FSA account reasons.


If your custody arrangement is pursuant to a Separation Agreement, you may simply enter into a modified agreement which outlines the new custodial changes.
If your agreement is contained in an Order, you may file a motion to modify and submit a consent order. Our DIY service would be the perfect solution for you to be able to complete this process on your own.