Consent Order

We are in the process of trying to work out a new custody agreement. If by the grace of God we are able to come up with a new agreement and have it notarized what is the next step that must be taken to get it from just an agreement between us, to an order that can be court enforced? I’m well aware that I could sue for breach of contract with just an agreement but that isn’t the option I seek.

You can incorporate an agreement in your divorce judgment if you are not already divorce, otherwise you would have to have the agreement outlined in an order, court orders have specific requirements in order to be entered by the court, and it is best to have an attorney draft the order. A lawsuit must be filed and served as well before the court has jurisdiction over the case.