Credit Rating -

Hi ben_ga1,
When you say “divorce documents”, do you mean a separation agreement? If so, you should consult an attorney about suing your ex-wife for breach of contract. While it may not immediately improve your credit rating, you may be able to recover damages.

Amy K. Kirkhum
The Rosen Law Firm
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 200
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

At the time of my divorce my I did not have any bad marks on my credit. I tried to refi my townhouse and found out that my X did not take me off the house mortgage as my divorce documents said that she had to do. At the time of my divorce I was to sign a quick deed over to her. Is there anything I can do legaly to clean up my credit. It says in my divorce docs that wife shall be responsible for all debts to house and she would not jeopardize my credit rating.