Curious about what other judges might do

Without knowing the facts of this case I don’t think I can tell you if this is normal or not, however I believe I have addressed many of these facts in some of your previous posts.

Helena M. Nevicosi
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.787.6361 main fax

Charlotte Office
301 McCullough Drive
Suite 510
Charlotte, NC 28262
Main Phone: (704)307.4600
Main Fax: (704) 9343.0044

Durham & Chapel Hill Office
1829 East Franklin Street
Building 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
(919) 321.0780

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.

Well, I give up. Thank you for your “answers” and I understand that no one can help me. However, you have got to believe that this is a crooked case. I’ve given you enough “facts”, but you take the easy way out. I accept that I have to be punished for the rest of my life because the one with the most money wins. I can’t fight corruption nor any lawyer who speaks out of both sides of the mouth. I’ll leave you alone as I am not a paying customer. There’s nothing I can do, right? Nothing, but live with this.

My ex was found in contempt of court for violating the custody order which states he must confer with me about major decisions for my child (joint custody), notify me that he is taking my son out of the country (which he did without me knowing), and that neither party is to have an overnight guest of the opposite sex when the child is in the custody of that parent. On both counts, my ex was found in contempt with the lame excuse that he didn’t know the no overnight guest pertained to a hotel room! His lame excuse for removing my son from the U.S. without me knowing is that he thought I wouldn’t mind. He was found in “non-willful” contempt with admittance, but his way to purge himself of the contempt was to promise not to do it again. I, on the other hand, was found in “contempt” for deducting the amount he owed me for 50% of extracurricular activities ( I paid the amount minus the deduction as the judge refused to recognize my expenses) but to no avail. I am now paying him 200.00 per month for over a year and this reduces my child support by over 15% per month. I am out my money. My ex has over $20,000 more per month than I do plus control of my son’s UTMA account which produces approximately $600.00 per month in interest. He is also saving 700.00 per month since he registered and enrolled my son in public school without my knowledge or consent, but the judge said I had no evidence and wouldn’t consider this issue. Any thoughts??? Is this “normal”?