Custody and Schools


My soon to be ex husband is refusing to allow our children to go to the school I am districted for. We have 50/50 custody per my 50b. Because of my work schedule, i cannot get them to school in his district. The 50b was finalized march 23rd 2018, he did not get the children until end of june for his weeks. How do I go about filing paperwork to get this decided in court?


You will need to file a child custody lawsuit against your husband so you can get a court order with a legal custody determination and have this issue decided. Custody in a domestic violence protective order is not permanent and only addresses physical custody. You will need a more complete and more detailed custody order which you can get from a child custody lawsuit.

Anna Ayscue

Attorney with Rosen Law Firm Cary • Chapel Hill • Durham • Raleigh • Wake Forest

Rosen Online | Unlimited confidential access to a North Carolina attorney for $199/mo - click here

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.