I reside in South Carolina but work in North Carolina. My child goes to school in NC. My ex and I have a joint custody agreement which was approved 7 years ago by a NC Judge. My child’s father is wanting to change the custody agreement where our child would reside with him during the school week. We have had the same been sharing custody and the environment has not changed. The only thing that has changed is now his Dad is married and our child is having some challanges at school with homework and the grades have decreased since December.

My questions are: 1) Do I need a SC or NC attorney? Can your firm represent me?

The case would proceed in NC. Please contact our client liaison to schedule a consultation.