Custody

Since the child lives in N.C., thats where you would have to seek custody. Most states consider the child a resident after they live in that state for 6 months, and they then have jurisdiction in these matters. The only other option would be if the child was present with you in PA, you could go to the courts there and request an emergency hearing for custody by filing an ex-parte order. This might only be temporary, but it would get the child out of a bad situation. www.f4j.com

Is there anything the ex can do if his daughter “visits” and this is filed and we don’t allow the mother to take her out of our home?? Nad if we went back to court to get visitation, would we go through Pa, since this is where the only standing order is at??

quote:
[i]Originally posted by hawkman[/i] [br]Since the child lives in N.C., thats where you would have to seek custody. Most states consider the child a resident after they live in that state for 6 months, and they then have jurisdiction in these matters. The only other option would be if the child was present with you in PA, you could go to the courts there and request an emergency hearing for custody by filing an ex-parte order. This might only be temporary, but it would get the child out of a bad situation. [www.f4j.com](http://www.f4j.com)

My husbands ex wife has sole custody of their daughter, with a Pa order. She has moved out of state to Nc about 2-3 years ago, and the child is now wanting to come back and live with us due to the physical and emotional abuse she is enduring, and oh, at 14, she might be pregnant. Can you please tell me how to go about petitioning the courts to hear this in Pa. The ex wife to my knowledge, has never registered the order in NC. Our previous attorney told us that we can not go and take her out of the situation, but since she comes back to Pa to visit her grandmother on occasion, if she happened to run away and end up on our doorstep, he could file an emergency injunction with the courts. The child is now 14, and I have written proof, through Yahoo!!Im that she has a desire to live in Pa with our 3 children, my husband, and myself.