Denied bed and board lawsuit


Recently, I was denied my bed and board lawsuit. My evidence was not strong enough no violence, no addictions, just verbal abuse. Now my wife is ready to move out. My Questions is: what is the next step, should a separation agreement be done? Here is some backstory, I’ve been married for 22 months, we moved into the home that I owned prior to the marriage. I found out that my neighbor encroached on some of my property. My spouse and I signed that piece and pocketed the monies. the lawyer that did the paperwork said as long as the house does not go into foreclosure no harm no foul. It is my wife believes she is on the Deed which, I know she is not. So, I wrote up a separation agreement that had free trader and mutual release, and a lump sum settlement payment for the in it so, I could sell the property if I needed to and protect my 2007 retirement benefits from the National Guard which i will get at the age of 60, My wife said she will not sign it.


A separation agreement can be used to settle these issues. If your wife is not agreeing to the terms you have proposed, then you can use a mediator to help negotiate the full settlement that both you and her can agree to.

If this still does not work to reach a settlement, then you will need to file in court for equitable distribution.

Anna Ayscue

Attorney with Rosen Law Firm Cary • Chapel Hill • Durham • Raleigh • Wake Forest

Rosen Online | Unlimited confidential access to a North Carolina attorney for $199/mo - click here

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.