It’s been six years since divorce orders entered. Currently, I am unable to work because of a medical condition and might not be able to work. Under these conditions, is it possible for me to ask the Court for an increase in alimony? Thanks.

Alimony outlined in an SA is not modifiable. If it wasn’t outlined in a Separation Agreement, then you can file for a modification of your alimony award. You must prove that a substantial change in circumstances has occurred, and disability can be considered such a change.

I am 25% disabled, unemployed (seeking work) and diabetic. My husband has written up an agreement of his own and is trying to force me to sign. I cannot make any changes to it and if I dont sign it he will have the utilities shut off. He already turned the cable & internet off. I am on workmans comp and my check is $127.37 a week. Can he turn the electric & water off? Can I press charges? He expects me to pay half the rent as well and all this is documented in his correspondence to me. He left the marital home while I was away. So in essence he abandoned me with almost no way to take care of myself. Medication alone takes up my money.