Dissapeared

Have you gone to the police regarding the parental kidnapping? At least filed a missing person’s report regarding your child?

Katherine Miller

i have contacted the police but according to va law who ever has possesion of the child is the child’s guardian. they said even if i found them i couldnt just take her from him we would have to go to court in va. i havent seen her in almost 2 years i dont even know what she looks like and her birthday was yesterday. she turned 3. i just need to know what my other options are for getting my divorce final, i mean what if i dont find him for another 5 years, does that mean i cant move on with my life and i have to stay married to him. i wonder, if you are together in va for 7 years and they automatically concider you married, then is there a time limit that you can be seperated before they can grant a divorce. i dont know i am confused and pissed off at the same time. its like he has me trapped.

tara dozier

You can serve him via publication by publishing notice of the filing in the paper in the area of his last known address.

Helena M. Nevicosi
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.787.6361 main fax

Charlotte Office
301 McCullough Drive
Suite 510
Charlotte, NC 28262
Main Phone: (704)307.4600
Main Fax: (704) 9343.0044

Durham & Chapel Hill Office
1829 East Franklin Street
Building 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
(919) 321.0780

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.

i have never heard of that. what is it? like the newspaper or something? what do i have to do? how does it work? i cant afford a lawyer right now and the courts told me that i have to have a lawyer to file the paperwork and if i do the do-it-yourself divorce i cant file it unless its done. NOW WHAT?

tara dozier

You can find information regarding a do-it-yourself divorce on our website, at these locations;

rosen.com/ppf/law/Rosen%20La … /index.asp

rosen.com/ppf/Law/Divorce/rosen/272/faqs.asp

Helena M. Nevicosi

919.787.6668 main phone
919.787.6361 main fax

Charlotte Office
301 McCullough Drive
Suite 510
Charlotte, NC 28262

Building 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
(919) 321.0780

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.

i have already done the do-it-yuorself divorce kit 7 times he wont respond andhis family doesnt know where he is. how to i get publication? call the paper. go to court i dont even know what it is

please help im desperate

You need to publish the notice in a newspaper in the county where he lives for three consecutive weeks.

Helena M. Nevicosi

919.787.6668 main phone
919.787.6361 main fax

Charlotte Office
301 McCullough Drive
Suite 510
Charlotte, NC 28262

Building 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
(919) 321.0780

i have lived in north carolina since march of 2006. i joined the coast guard in march of 2006. when i got out of boot camp in may of 2006 my husband had dissapeared with our daughter. i have repeatedly tried to find him, now for close to 18 months. i have done the self divorce kit and sent it to everyone that he knows. eleven copies in all. i get no response and no one seems to know where he is. i need to know if i have any further options for getting my divorce final. i live in nc and he lives(last that i have known in va.)