Divorce by publication

Dear xdaveandshannonx:

Greetings. If you do not know where he is, then the only way that you can serve him is by publication. Now, it is important to note, that you should also try to locate him through the internet, his family, etc. Thank you.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Divorce
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

10925 David Taylor Drive, Suite 100
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

Thank you for this wonderful resource. I have been separated for over 5 years. My husband left the state of NC last year sometime. I am unsure of his where abouts. I am trying to obtain this divorce and have all of the forms, but am confused on if the only way to begin this process is by NOTICE OF PUBLICATION. Is their any other way? I believe he left due to some warrants for his arrest for criminal acts and also over 5,000.00 in child support.

Thank you in advance for responding to my question.