Divorce by Publication


I got married in 2004, but I have been separated from my husband since the same year 2004 with almost no communication at all. We don’t have neither children nor properties. He lives in another country and I don’t know his current address, only his e-mail address. I sent him an e-mail in last October asking him to file for divorce in his country but he never replied. I would like to know if I have the option of filing a divorce by publication. I live in Guilford county.


You must first try to locate your spouse by a diligent search and try to obtain an address for him in the county where he lives. If that is not successful you may file for divorce and serve him by publication.