Divorce from a soldier

Yes, even if they did not live together, she still has the same rights that any other married person has. She may be entitled to alimony, but I cannot tell you that without meeting with her and reviewing the specific facts of her face.

Helena M. Nevicosi
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.787.6361 main fax

Charlotte Office
301 McCullough Drive
Suite 510
Charlotte, NC 28262
Main Phone: (704)307.4600
Main Fax: (704) 9343.0044

Durham & Chapel Hill Office
1829 East Franklin Street
Building 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
(919) 321.0780

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.

Thank you very much for your response, I am from Fayetteville and I would like to know if my daughter can see a lawyer that the first consultation is free and if her spouse could be charge for all the services.

I do not know of any attorneys who offer free consultations, but if you call around you may be able to find one that will. You may be able to get attorneys fees from her spouse, however all attorneys will require that the fees be paid in advance.

Helena M. Nevicosi
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.787.6361 main fax

Charlotte Office
301 McCullough Drive
Suite 510
Charlotte, NC 28262
Main Phone: (704)307.4600
Main Fax: (704) 9343.0044

Durham & Chapel Hill Office
1829 East Franklin Street
Building 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
(919) 321.0780

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.

My daughter got married in May 2006 the same year she graduated from high school, we had to signed because she was a minor, we accepted because he was living to Japan and he just came for few weeks they stayed together for the last week before he left, the aggrement was that he was coming back to get the big wedding we bought the dress and I started to make arrangement for almost everything I think about five months he ask for divorce it was devastated for my daughter it was difficult moments for all of us she had to get treatment for depression and after few months he changed his mind, and after few months later he wanted divorce again it’s been almost two years now and finally he sent the papers. The reason for him asking for divorce is just after he got married he started living with a girl in Japan, he sent pictures of them together to my daughter and he has a page of them on the internet. Emotionally he destroyed my daughter thats nothing that can changed that but now he stopped her allotment and she is studying and she depends of that money for her rent, gas, and utilities beside she lost one year of college waiting for him to take her to Japan. Now my question is; Does she have any rights even they did not live together after they got married?