Divorce from abroad- what can I do?

I separated from my husband 2 years ago. I have been living in another country since we separated and would like to finally obtain a divorce. As I am living and working abroad now it is difficult to return. What are my options?

You cannot automatically become divorced. You will have to file for divorce based on your living separate and apart for more than one year. So long has one party has had the intention to remain separated for a year’s time, the other spouses desire to reconcile is irrelevant. You may hire an attorney in North Carolina from where you are to obtain the divorce. If there are no property issues it is likely that you will not even have to return to the states to obtain the divorce.