Divorce from Bed and Board


My wife served me with Divorce from Bed and Board papers. However, it was left at my house in my office with the certified mail request ticket sitting on top of the envelope. I never signed the receipt, and I checked with the courthouse and there is no record of service and there is no civil summons either. I have been sent an order to attend a Custody mediation and an affidavit for judicial assignment for next Monday and Tuesday. Since I have not been officially served, what are my options?

She will have to show proper service in order to move forward with any hearing. You can choose to accept service by filing an acceptance of service if you’d like, or you can wait until she properly serves you.