Plaintiff not returning proof of service


I’ve been served the civil summons by certified mail, signed for it on December 31, 2014, but my estranged (who happens to be a divorce attorney) has not provided the proof of service to the clerk’s office and is not responding to repeated requests for communication. It’s been two months. I’ve just discovered I can file an “Acceptance of Service” but can I then request a court date and try to persuade the judge to grant the divorce?


Yes, you can file an acceptance of service. If your spouse does not calendar the hearing then you can do so.


Is it likely the judge will consider the case without the plaintiff being present and the defendant completing the remainder of the paperwork?


So long as all other requirements have been met, this should not be a problem.