Divorce takes place in North Carolina, I live in Canada

My husband and I have been separated since July 2011. He has filed for absolute divorce. I received the summons late October 2012.
I moved back to Ontario immediately after separation. I need to send my answer, but I do not agree to absolute divorce. How do I answer? I want to file for alimony and other things I am entitled to. In the form you have listed, it mentions US postal service etc…

How do I follow the right paths most efficiently and effectively?

I have two weeks to have my answer in. And I am at a loss. It has taken me 2 weeks to come to the conclusion that I do not want an absolute divorce. I didn’t want the divorce in the first place.

If you are not here to file your counterclaim in person, you either need to mail it, or hire an attorney to do so. If I were you, I would track the filing to make sure it was received before the deadline. Your counterclaims for alimony and equitable distribution must be pending at the time the divorce decree is entered or you lose your right to them.

I am not sure what form you are referring to with regards to the US Postal Service, but Rule 5 only requires that the pleading be mailed. http://www.ncleg.net/EnactedLegislation/Statutes/HTML/BySection/Chapter_1A/GS_1A-1,_Rule_5.html