Absolute Divorce

I have been separated for a year and am ready to file for an Absolute Divorce. However, there are a couple of questions I had before filing:

  1. My stbx has moved to another state. Can the Complaint and Civil Summons be served through Certified Mail?
  2. I have lived in NC for 4 years, but recently moved to Wake County about 5 months ago. Can I file for Divorce in Wake County or do I need to go to the previous county in which I lived?

Thank you for your assistance.

You may serve the Complaint and Summons via certified mail.
You may file the action in Wake County, simply include that you have lived in North Carolina for the preceding six months.