DIY Divorce

Refile. Sorry but that’s what you need to do.

Lee S. Rosen
Board Certified Family Law Specialist
The Rosen Law Firm
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

I filed my divorce paperwork 1 month prior to a full year of separation. My spouse was served via certified mail, but I have not returned the verification and received a court date. My question is this: Can I amend the dates on the paperwork or should I just simply refile everything and pay the filing fees again?