DO I have a case? Part II


your name, your property. If you’re not married. You can take you and your child anywhere you choose, he has no “legal” ground to stop you. Afterwards, you have to prove that you are better suited for the childs best interests. Ie… primary care giver. Look up child custody laws for NC.


Dear anonymous:

Greetings. I do not see a question. Thank you.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

301 McCullough Drive Suite 510
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

1829 East Franklin Street, Bldg 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
919.321.0780 main phone
919.787.6668 main fax


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.


I’d like to add that mortgage is in my name because he couldn’t get a mortgage with his expired visa but promised me he’d refinance in his or both our names as soon as he was able but never did. Luckily, he has been paying the mortgage the whole time. I do work full time as well however still will not be able to afford the mortgage.