Do i have a case?

TEST

Dear anonymous1234:

Greetings. You have a custody and child support case. You do not have a divorce case though (equitable distribution and alimony), as you were never married. Thank you.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

301 McCullough Drive Suite 510
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

1829 East Franklin Street, Bldg 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
919.321.0780 main phone
919.787.6668 main fax

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

Hi. I’m not married however i live with my partner to whom i was once engaged to, who I bought a house with and who i had a child with 3 months ago. We have decided to end the relationship and we have a mediation appt. scheduled for the end of this month to go over custody, child support, and community property, however before the meeting i have some questions on if i have a case or not and if so if i should still go to mediation.
When we met he was not a u.s. citizen and was here for over a year on an expired visa that his work had not renewed. In April 2006 (during my pregnancy) his work finally renewed his work visa and since then our relationship has spiraled. In June of 2006 he received a letter from gov’t that he won the ‘greencard lottery’ and flew to isreal to obtain his greencard which he just got last month. I feel as if i were used as a possible option(marriage) for a way for him to obtain citizenship. Now i am in a position of being a single mom, and have to sell the house as i can not afford it on my own, even with child support (most of which will be going towards daycare). We plan on selling the house only so he can purchase another one in same price range and does not care where his daughter and I will live. I’d like to keep the house if i can (mortgage in my name, title in both our names), get more child support than the allotted NC amount, and have full custody of my daughter. He is willing to give over full custody(not willing to give up parental rights) and not willing to pay more than he’d have to. Also he is job hunting now that he has his greencard as he is approx.20k underpaid in his field, however is not going to accept an offer until after we determine child support.
DO i have any sort of case here? Please advise, thanks.