Do I have to purchase clothes?

Hi,
I pay child support, per worksheet B. Our court order does not state anything about whether we have to “share” clothing or not.

My Ex says that since I am to provide food, shelter & clothes while I have visitation, I should pay her additional funds to use the kids clothes that she bought with the child support, or else I should purchase & use my own clothes.
Is she correct in saying this?

Thanks

No, she is not entirely correct. Assuming no other requirements in your child support order, you are only required to pay a monthly amount of child support and you would not be obligated to pay her additional funds. If she is not willing to transfer the children’s clothes back and forth, you may need to purchase them clothes to keep at your residence for them to wear while they are with you.

Anna Ayscue

Attorney with Rosen Law Firm Cary • Chapel Hill • Durham • Raleigh • Wake Forest

Rosen Online | Unlimited confidential access to a North Carolina attorney for $199/mo - click here

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.

1 Like