Don't want to live on the street

I am not an attorney, but if you are reliant on her income and have been, just because you are a make does not mena you pay. She could quite possibly have to pay you alimony, since she is the one bringing in the income to the marriage. Child Support is figured by each parents income and other situations like living status and such. If you did pay any child support at all it would be literally a few dollars if you only brought in $300/month. But like I said again I am not a lawyer, I just thought you might want to know these things.
LJBH

Dear mikeb:

Greetings. It appears to me that you are a dependent spouse, which would mean that your wife would have to pay alimony to you. You may also want to file for public assistance to help you find a place to live that is cost appropriate.

As far as child support, if your 18 year old daughter is still in high school, then yes, you will have to pay child support for her until she graduates. You will also have to pay child support for your son. Thank you.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Divorce
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
RosenDivorcecom
919-787-6668

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

Due to some physical and mental problems I am only able to work part time. I depend on my wife’s income. I make about $300-$400 per month. Where will I live? Being the father do I have to pay child support for my 18 year old daughter and 16 year old son? Do I have to pay alimony?
Any advice will be appreciated. Thank you for your time.
SB

Steven Barbato