DVPO Help

I have a DVPO order against my husband, we went to court for violations today. He had been charge with another violation and got arrested at court. He was also ordered to stay off of all social media. He posted bond and got out and went to our bank where we have a joint account and had them change the user name and password. I received and email from the bank this had been changed. Would this also be a violation? Oh my goodness he wont stop!

An auto-generated email from the bank is likely not going to be a violation of the DVPO. In contrast, your husband directing a bank employee to email you about something in regards to him could be a violation of the DVPO.

Anna Ayscue

Attorney with Rosen Law Firm Cary • Chapel Hill • Durham • Raleigh • Wake Forest

Rosen Online | Unlimited confidential access to a North Carolina attorney for $199/mo - click here

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.

I went to the bank and talked with them they informed me that he closed the account, our business account. Now I have no way to view our statements for our business and our records. Could he do that?

He should not have done that if the account is marital property. You will likely need to file a claim in family court for equitable distribution and a motion for interim distribution for the business and the related accounts and income.

Anna Ayscue

Attorney with Rosen Law Firm Cary • Chapel Hill • Durham • Raleigh • Wake Forest

Rosen Online | Unlimited confidential access to a North Carolina attorney for $199/mo - click here

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.